MOTHER EARTH: Write for the Planet
with Chantal Wunderlich, M.A., MFT Psychodynamic Pyschotherapist
Sunday, March 22 / 2-4 pm @ Yoga Soup!
$30 in advance, $35 day-of
100% of profits will benefit Heal the Ocean
Our fears about the environment are real and valid. How can we tend to our outer world before addressing our inner climate?
Renowned climate activists such as Joana Macy and Paul Hawken agree that the paralysis that plagues us collectively and individually around issues of climate activism are a result of our unacknowledged/repressed feelings about climate change. In order to tend to the needs of the planet, we must first tend to ourselves.
This workshop is designed to help people put words to their feelings about the environment through the act of writing.
Participants of the workshop will be guided through a series of writing exercises to help them:
- make connections of how inner and outer climate relate (cosmic ecology)
- gain support from a conscious community
- give expression to feelings about the environment so as not to hold them in the body
- express frustration and grief
- liberate inner resources: hope and creativity